Friday, January 20, 2012

21 Day Fast: Days 19-20

Wow!  I'm getting so close.  I have to say, I'm having a rougher time than I did on my 30-day fast.  I'm really sick of green juice.  Making it a juice feast (with some blended superfoods and aloe) has made it easier, but I think warmer weather makes for a better fast.  I'm really disappointed in my weight loss (12 pounds), but I know that was all fat, because I've been gaining muscle from my workouts.  I also understand that the body's metabolism can slow down during a fast because of the lack of calories.  It may have been too soon after my last fast.

When I start eating solid food again, I'll probably lose weight a lot quicker.  On Sunday, I'll likely break the fast with grapefruit in the morning.  By the evening, I'll probably have other mono fruit and start in with a salad on Monday.  I'm really looking forward to solid food.

Right now, I'm enjoying (sort of) a dark green juice.  My friend Sara from work gave me a huge bag of home grown greens that are really amazing.  I juiced these (celery and kale) with apple, carrots, cucumber, cilantro, parsley, mint, ginger, lemon and red bell pepper.  It's very strong, but super alkalizing.  I know I'm getting a massive amount of nutrition to my cells.  Tomorrow, I plan to have a citrus juice combination blended with Spirulina and fresh aloe.  By the evening, I'll have my large green juice and then head off to the launching party for Kale University (www.kaleuniversity.org).  What a great way to end a juice fast!

So, I'm now off to the gym for a short cardio workout followed by a lifting workout.  My biceps are bigger than they've ever been (which is not saying much)!  Looking forward to stepping out on the beach this summer with a new body.  Be healthy!

Mystic Merman

No comments:

Post a Comment