Wednesday, January 11, 2012

21 Day Fast: Day 11

Day 11 proved to be the easiest day so far.  I had more energy today and very little craving for solid food.  I didn't think the day was going to go well, because I hit the snooze button an extra time this morning.  Once I was up and in the shower, I felt pretty good.  By the time I got to work, it felt like it was going to be a good day.

I started the day with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in water.  On my way to work, I drank about a half a liter of water.  About an hour into work, I made some herbal tea that helps the body detox.  The tea had ginger root and some berries in it.  I also added some Cat's Claw, Pau D'arco and Chanca Piedra.  These teas help the body to expel yeast overgrowth, build the immune system and remove calcification from the joints, as well as break up stones in the gallbladder and kidneys.

Before lunch, I had a cranberry kombucha, which is also great for detoxification and the cranberry cleans out the urinary tract.  At lunch, I made a huge green juice (about 32 ounces) with collard greens, red bell pepper, carrot, apple, cilantro, parsley, celery, cucumber, zucchini and lemon.  I sipped on this for the next hour while working.  This is a great combination, because it's very hydrating, it's full of electrolytes, and the herbs and lemon help detoxify and alkalize the body.

After work, I was feeling very energetic, so I went straight to the gym.  Tonight was definitely the best workout I've had since starting the fast.  The first thirty minutes consisted of a combination of walking and running on the treadmill.  After walking for two minutes at four miles per hour, I sped up to a run at six miles an hour for two minutes, then back to a walk for two minutes, and back to a run, etc.  This was all done at a four percent incline, so my heart rate got up to about 155 during the run.  Overall, I burned about 450 calories in thirty minutes.

Then, I hit the weights, spending another thirty minutes on my upper body.  This included a rotation between my chest, my abs and my back.  Basically, I did three sets of one muscle group, then moved onto the next muscle group.  Once complete, I repeated this rotation using different machines to work different areas of the muscle groups.  In total, I did three rounds of three sets for each muscle group.  I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but it'll be worth it.  I really feel like my body is getting stronger and fitter.  I didn't weight myself tonight, but I will tomorrow or Friday to check how much weight I've lost.

Tonight, I'm having a more simple juice for dinner.  I blended grapefruit juice with camu camu, MSM and spirulina.  I didn't put much in the juice, but it was enough for some nutritional support.  Tomorrow promises to be a great day.  Be healthy!

Mystic Merman

No comments:

Post a Comment