Thursday, September 29, 2011

Therapy Thursday: Is detoxification necessary?

Although many people in the medical industry would disagree, I believe that detoxification is necessary and relevant in our toxic world.  If you live in the city like me, you are surrounded by toxins in the air, in the water and in the food chain.  Over time, if these toxins build up faster than the body can remove them, disease grips the organs of the body.  While a healthy diet and exercise routine can assist in the removal of these toxins, certain therapeutic treatments can stimulate a more rapid expelling of harmful toxins.  

Many people around the world attest to the effectiveness of these therapies.  When done properly and with common sense, most people notice improvements in the skin, in their digestion, to their liver and kidneys, in their eyesight, and so much more.  Personally, I have done several juice fasts, intestinal cleanses, coffee enemas and gall bladder flushes.  Each time I do them, I feel a major difference in the way I feel, and I have often cleared up chronic conditions that I've had for years.  

I'm not suggesting that anyone become their own doctor.  If you are not in at least moderate health, it would be wise to seek a professional that has a lot of experience with these therapies.  Also, some people become obsessed with cleansing and detoxing to the point that they become more sick.  Cleansing therapies need to be used wisely as a tool to aid the body.  Obsession over toxins and cleansing is just another disease.

For this blog, I would like to discuss the therapies I have used in the past and how they have helped me.  I would also like to continue to use them as I traverse down the road to greater health and seek out new forms.  The information presented here could include heavy metal detox, liver and gallbladder cleansing, colon cleansing, flushes, parasite and candida cleanses, juice fasting, the Master's Cleanse, etc.  My goal is to take on a fast or cleanse at least once a season.

Please join me every Thursday as I gently move my way to a cleaner, more-obstacle-free me.  Be healthy!

Mystic Merman

No comments:

Post a Comment