Friday, September 23, 2011

Health Blog Orientation

Hi.  This entry is meant to orientate the reader and myself to this blog.  I've decided to do a theme every day of the week.  Here are the themes with descriptions:

Superfood Sunday: Every Sunday, I will introduce and talk about a new superfood.  These nutrient-packed foods are essential to a healthy lifestyle.  Most of them, I have tried, but I will also introduce ones that I am trying for the first time.  Feel free to comment on your experience with them or recommend new ones.  This category could include algae, wild food, herbs, minerals, seeds, or anything that could be considered a superfood.

Manic Monday: On Mondays, I will talk about all things related to mental and emotional health.  Topics such as meditation, breathing, connecting with nature, emotional releases, and community health will certainly be covered, but I can introduce others as I explore my own health.

Tasty Tuesday: On Tuesdays, my blogs will be about my diet.  This will include (but is not limited to) what I'm eating or not eating, recipes, how the food I'm eating is affecting my health, and my personal goals for my diet.  There may also be discussions about plant-based diets vs. an omnivorous diet.

Workout Wednesday: Exercise and activity are essential to physical, mental and emotional well-being.  On Wednesday, I will discuss my own weekly activities and exercise routines.  This may include topics about what I plan to do, what I am doing and the challenges I face daily.

Therapy Thursday: Every Thursday is detox day.  Here, I will talk about different methods of detoxification that could include colon cleansing, juice fasting, heavy metal detoxification, and other therapies.  From my experience, detoxification works and really helps the body achieve a higher state of health.

Free Friday: Friday is a free blog day.  Blogs on the last day of the work week can be about any topic related to health.  As I gain more bloggers, I may open this day up to questions and discussions about health-related topics.  Feel free to ask questions or suggest topics.

Sexy Saturday: Everyone enjoys looking good.  On Saturday, the topics will revolve around taking care of the skin, hair and nails, as well as keeping trim.  Topics may include weight loss, products for keeping the skin  healthy, and beauty from the inside out.

Thank you for joining me.  Be healthy!

Mystic Merman

No comments:

Post a Comment