Saturday, December 31, 2011

21 Day Fast: Prep Day 2

This morning I'm starting off with orange juice blended with jackfruit and berries.  I took my supplements as well.  I've decided that I'm not going to take my supplements during my fast with the exception of phytoplankton.  I really want to give my body a chance to cleanse and detox, but adding a few drops of concentrated phytoplankton will ensure that I'm getting minerals, vitamins and other phytonutrients.

As today is my last day to eat solid food, I plan on eating salad only.  The rest of my food intake will be either juice or blended food.  When preparing for a juice fast or any kind of fast, it is important to reduce the amount of food you eat in the days preceding the fast.  Light meals, preferably raw are best.

For my fast, I plan on drinking citrus juice (more emphasis on grapefruits because they have less sugar) in the morning.  Throughout the day, I can have as much green juice as I want.  Water will also be an important part of the fast, so I just bought 20 gallons of pure water.  I will also include herbal teas that help with digestion and detoxification.  Ginger and mint are great examples of supportive teas during a fast.  I'll probably also do one or two ounces of wheatgrass juice every day.

Because I'll be getting all the nutrition I need from the juice and phytoplankton, I plan on continuing my exercise regimen.  I usually have a lot of energy by the third or fourth day of the fast, so I may be able to move my workouts to the next level.  This will help keep my metabolism up and shed more weight.  Every couple of days, I will weigh myself to see how much fat I've lost.

So, tomorrow is Day 1.  Wish me luck!  Be healthy!

Mystic Merman

No comments:

Post a Comment