Friday, December 2, 2011

Free Friday: Progress Update

I just wanted to take a moment to update my blog on my progress.  I've been feeling great lately, and I'm very excited to share my successes and progress.  One of my major personal goals is to help other people achieve better success in their lives through better health, energy, outlook, and community.  However, I know I need to be well on my way there in order to make an impact in other people's lives.  Well,  these last few months are moving me in that direction.  I know there will always be ways to improve the quality of my life, but it feels like I've finally crossed a threshold where my life has more joy than pain.

My mental attitude has shifted majorly in the last couple of months.  I find myself complaining less and letting go of irritations more easily.  I focus more on the positive things that are happening in my life and allow any negative behavior to just be, not giving it much energy at all. A lot of this, I feel, can be attributed to my better diet and my exercise routine.  I'm eating less food daily because the food I do eat is dense and nutritious.  Sometimes, I still overeat or snack when I'm not hungry, but I'm moving in the direction of a healthy relationship with food.  I am exercising 6 days a week, changing up the routine to give my body a full spectrum workout.  Tonight, I ran most of a 5K in Balboa Park, which was quite an accomplishment for me.

My goals for the next three months through winter include losing more fat and gaining more muscle, eating four to five small meals a day of only raw, dense, plant-based foods and superfoods, fitting yoga or meditation into my schedule at least four times a week, continuing to read cutting edge books and websites about health, nutrition, fitness and happiness, and starting a nutrition course online.  By making an effort every day to take care of myself, my goals are fruiting and my life is blossoming. How amazing to be a human being!  Be healthy!

Mystic Merman

No comments:

Post a Comment