Friday, December 30, 2011

21 Day Fast: Prep Day 1

So, today I drank a lot of liquid.  In the morning, I had my typical cacao drink, which is made from a blend of herbal teas steeped in water.  I blend the tea with cacao powder, raw vegan protein powder, maca, and stevia.  This was a good sustainable meal for several hours.  After a couple of hours, I drank water with Camu Camu powder and MSM to give my immune system a real boost.  With so many people getting colds and flus right now, I'm taking a lot of antioxidants.

In the afternoon, I squeezed some oranges.  I added some frozen berries to the orange juice and blended it all in the Vitamix.  This is one of my favorite blended drinks, and again there are a lot of antioxidants available in this drink.

By dinnertime I was very hungry and I made a huge salad.  On a bed of romaine lettuce, I added avocado, tomato, carrots, cucumber, red bell pepper, and olives.  I poured a light apple cider vinegar dressing over it and enjoyed it thoroughly.

A couple of hours after my salad, I went to the gym and got some cardiovascular exercise for about 30 minutes.  After a nice sweat in the sauna and a hot shower, I'm ready for bed.  I'm feeling good about doing a juice fast.  I should be able to break into it easily.  See you tomorrow.

Mystic Merman

No comments:

Post a Comment