Thursday, November 17, 2011

Therapy Thursday: Juice Feasting

I know last Thursday's post was about water and I was going to continue that, but I'll finish the water post next week.  This week, I've decided to focus on juice feasting.  As some of you may know, I did a juice fast about two months ago.  I lost around 25 pounds and got rid of the inflammation in my foot.  Since then, I have been working on staying on the raw food diet.  It's been great, but the weight loss has slowed down.  Even with the working out and the supplements, I still feel like I need to continue with my cleansing process.  It's like my body is used to years of slow metabolism and sedentary lifestyle.  Juice feasting is just the thing to kick it into high gear.

So, what's the difference between juice fasting and juice feasting?  Well, in juice feasting you add some additional foods to your juice.  This means that your diet is mostly juice, but you can add things like hemp or coconut oil, bee pollen, MSM, algae powders or liquids, cleansing products, etc.  It's a personalized plan, but the added things should be to support cleansing and/or remineralizing your body.

I was first introduced to the idea of juice fasting several years ago through a website called juicefeasting.com.  David Rainoshek has an entire 92 day plus program for a protocol that he designed through years of experience.  I was able to do the program for a couple of weeks, and it felt great.  I've always wanted to take on the 92 day program, because that's when the great benefits hit.

One of the success stories I read was from Angela Stokes.  She lost over 100 pounds on a raw vegan diet, but it all started with juice feasting.  In fact her 92 days covered Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and Valentine's Day.  With these holidays right around the corner, I am inspired to follow in her footsteps.  So, today is Thursday and I'm going to prepare myself for this over the next few days.  Officially, I'm starting on Monday, November 21st and I'll attempt to go the full 92 days.  If I go the full time, my last day would be February 21st of next year.  I'll blog about it occasionally on days that seem appropriate.  Wish me luck!  Be healthy!

Mystic Merman

No comments:

Post a Comment