Friday, February 3, 2012

Free Friday: Progress Update 2

Hello.  I thought I'd use Free Friday to catch everyone up on my progress.  After doing another fast, I didn't have the energy or the weight loss of my previous fast.  It felt a little forced, so I think I'm going to hold off on a long fast for a while.  Eating feels very good right now.  In the past couple of weeks, I have been eating a lot of raw food, including salads, smoothies, raw chocolate, raw bars, seaweed, fruit, etc.  My digestion is always excellent after a fast, so my energy is way up.

I feel like I'm losing fat again, but as I continue to gain muscle, it's hard to tell.  My focus this month is to stay raw and continue working out.  I love doing a lot of blended foods, because it's so easy to digest.  I'm starting the book I bought called Raw Foods on a Budget which I will incorporate into my blogs over the next couple of weeks.  I can't wait to start to apply all the things I learn and really start to save money while practicing a raw lifestyle.  Brandi has a wealth of knowledge in her books and lectures.  I highly recommend her online classes and books.

One of the most difficult things about starting and staying on a raw diet is the feeling that we are hungry or not getting enough food.  Over the next couple of weeks, I would also like to give some hints to feeling satiated on a raw diet.  Minerals and fat are so important and are often excluded if we rely too much on fruit and tasty vegetables.  Getting dark greens and good fat as well as adding certain superfoods and supplements can really make a difference.  Have a healthy weekend everybody!

Mystic Merman

No comments:

Post a Comment