Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 6: Going strong

So, here it is.  Day 6.  This is so much easier than a 30-day juice fast.  I think that's mostly because I know this is going to develop into my new lifestyle.  I'm rarely hungry, like on a juice fast, and my energy and focus are strong.

Day 5 was very successful.  On my lunch break, my car almost took me to my favorite Thai restaurant.  The voices in my head made every excuse why this was permissible.  "You've done so well; you deserve a treat."  "Thai food is not bad as long as it's vegan and gluten-free."  And on and on.  But, at the last minute, the will won out and my car headed for the natural food store to pick up some extras for my big salad.

At the market, I was tempted to get a kombucha (something I'm giving up as well), but my hand went for a bottle of coconut kefir instead.  Smart choice.   For dinner, I had a handful of veggies with some red quinoa. A little later, I snacked on a couple of plums.

Day 6 is a sunny, warm day.  I had a bowl of grapes for breakfast and did some house chores.  My lunch was a big salad with romaine lettuce, celery, red cabbage, fennel, dulse, avocado and a lemon/olive oil vinaigrette.  I also drank a lot of water this morning and afternoon.  Because I took the day off from working out yesterday, I'm heading to the gym for some strength training.

Stay tuned this next week for updates on weight loss, measurements and more about food and exercise.  Until then, be healthy!

Mystic Merman

No comments:

Post a Comment