Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 11: Knowing when to rest

Well, after Tuesday's stair-climbing adventure, my legs were pretty sore on Wednesday.  I went to the gym in the morning and worked out my upper body.  Next week, I'll report more on my progress with strength training, since I've been so focused on cardio/interval training.

This morning, I woke up to extremely sore calves and thighs.  What they say about the second day usually being the worse is true.  So, instead of training on the beach today, I need to take a little rest.  When we push a little too hard, it's very important to give the body a rest.

Last night, I had a little 4th of July party at my house, where you can see the fireworks in several locations.  I only had a few friends over and we decided to make it all raw.  I made a wonderful gazpacho soup with tomatoes, cucumbers, red bell peppers, red onions, mangoes, lemon, garlic, olive oil and apple cider vinegar.   It was very light and refreshing and tasted great.

My friends also brought a wonderful salad made completely from their garden, some BBQ-flavored kale chips, raw crackers and chai/coconut cookies.  Then, we had a fabulous dessert that my roommate made.  Check out this masterpiece:


The top layer and bottom layers are mango and coconut, while the center is blackberry.  It's all raw, vegan and purely divine.  It felt great having a small party with healthy friends.  This is what it takes to stay on the path.  Be healthy!

Mystic Merman

No comments:

Post a Comment